They are involved in...
Q) Did you ever get branded with a knick-name that you could not shake? For a statement he made the Disciple Thomas has long been known as “Doubting Thomas”, but was he?
Let us look at the life of the Disciple Thomas:
1. Thomas was courageous and inspirational
- Context: Lazarus had become ill and died (John 11:14)
- The leaders in Jerusalem had become hostile to Jesus and His ministry (John 11:57; 12:10)
- Jesus wanted to go to Jerusalem
Jesus was crucified between two thieves
- We don’t know their names, just their crimes.
They heard Jesus respond to the soldiers who were crucifying Him: “Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)
The Roman Centurion who witnessed the crucifixion said, “Surely He was the Son of God!” (Mt. 27:54)
These two criminals show the great contrast: (Lk. 23:32-43)
2 weeks ago, we saw that Jesus had power to calm the storm on the raging sea. This week we will see that He has the power to calm the storm inside and protect the person.
1. When there is space and focus in our life, we can
see and hear the pain in people’s lives (Mark 5:1-8)